Serves: 4-6 servings
- 3 cups romaine chopped
- ½ cup green olives halved
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes halved
- ¼ cup jarred roasted red peppers chopped
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese balls quartered
- ½ cup artichoke hearts quartered
- ½ cup sliced peperocini
- ½ cup chickpeas
- 10 basil leaves thinly sliced
- 8 ounce Genoa Salami cut into bite sized pieces, optional
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 10 twists freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt, more to taste
- Pinch of red pepper flakes, for heat (optional)
- Place the romaine in a large salad bowl.
- Layer all the remaining salad ingredients on top of the romaine.
- Pour dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid and shake vigorously.
- Toss salad with desired amount of dressing. Adjust salt and pepper if needed.
Leave a Reply