Fourth of July would not be complete without a fruit salad. Not only is it the peak time for summer fruit, it is also the perfect side dish to balance out all that grilling. Everyone needs something healthy to wash down that hot dog, right?! This, thankfully, is not your traditional boring fruit. The added mint and dark chocolate make it refreshing with just the right amount of decadence. It will be your new summer favorite, promise. Enjoy!
- 1-pint strawberries, stem removed and cut into 8ths
- 1 container raspberries
- 1 container blueberries
- 2 nectarines, cut into ½ inch pieces
- juice from ½ lemon or orange
- 10-12 mint leaves, julienned
- 1-2 ounces good quality dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Prepare the fruit and place in a medium bowl.
- Add lemon juice, mint, and chocolate and gently stir to combine.