This succulent butterflied roasted chicken is the perfect main dish to your Sunday night dinner! Kids and adults alike will eat up this healthy, flavor-packed chicken.
- 4-5 pound chicken butterflied by butcher
- 1/2 bunch Italian flat leaf parsley
- 2 sprigs Rosemary
- 4 sprigs thyme
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Wash, de-stem herbs, finely chop together and place in bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon and 1/4 cup olive oil. Mix well.
- Place chicken on baking sheet, skin side up. Starting at ends, carefully separate skin from breast and thigh meat. Place herb mixture inside and spread about evenly. Rub the remaining herb mixture on outside of the chicken and place in oven. Cook for 50-60 minutes, until cooked through and juices run clear.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes.