Another of Pete Evans inspirations. I changed some things around a little. Super delicious and comforting.
Thai Shrimp Coconut Soup
- 1 package rice or cellophane noodles
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 red chilies, seeded and chopped
- 2 lemongrass stalks, white part only, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 3 cans coconut milk
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp tamarind paste
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp (with tails)
- 3 tbsp fish sauce 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- thai basil leaves, cilantro leaves, lime wedges to serve
- cook the noodles according to package directions and set aside
- combine the garlic, chilies, lemongrass, and turmeric in a food processor and mix into a paste
- pour the coconut milk into a large heavy saucepan and bring to a boil
- add the spice mix, tamarind, and honey and stir well
- add the shrimp, return to a boil, then turn off heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
- add fish sauce and lime juice
- turn heat back on and cook for another 2-3 minutes
- to serve, divide noodles and shrimp evenly into bowls, add the broth and garnish with cilantro, basil and lime.
Leave a Reply