Since “Paleo” is all the rage now, I thought I would try a friendly sandwich alternative. Plus, I found these cool NewGem Foods Gem Sandwich Wraps at the market. You can do many variations but this one is super yummy and satisfying. I did regular tortillas with turkey, cheese, and carrots for the kids and they gobbled them up.
Makes 2 wraps
- 2 Gem Sandwich Wraps
- 4 pieces fresh sliced roasted turkey
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 carrot
- 1 cucumber
- 4 basil leaves
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 4 little gem or romaine leaves
- 1 tablespoon mustard, pesto and/or mayo
- Peel carrot and cucumber and slice into matchsticks with a julienne peeler or a handheld mandolin.
- Quarter tomatoes.
- Place sandwich wraps on a clean surface. Spread a layer of mayo, pesto and/or mustard.
- Top each wrap with two pieces of turkey, a piece of cheese, 2 lettuce leaves, 2 basil leaves, some carrots, cucumbers and tomatoes. Lightly brush one end of the wrap with water and starting at the other end, roll tightly and seal. Slice in half.