Since “Paleo” is all the rage now, I thought I would try a friendly sandwich alternative. Plus, I found these cool NewGem Foods Gem Sandwich Wraps at the market. You can do many variations but this one is super yummy and satisfying. I did regular tortillas with turkey, cheese, and carrots for the kids and they gobbled them up.
Makes 2 wraps
- 2 Gem Sandwich Wraps
- 4 pieces fresh sliced roasted turkey
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 carrot
- 1 cucumber
- 4 basil leaves
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 4 little gem or romaine leaves
- 1 tablespoon mustard, pesto and/or mayo
- Peel carrot and cucumber and slice into matchsticks with a julienne peeler or a handheld mandolin.
- Quarter tomatoes.
- Place sandwich wraps on a clean surface. Spread a layer of mayo, pesto and/or mustard.
- Top each wrap with two pieces of turkey, a piece of cheese, 2 lettuce leaves, 2 basil leaves, some carrots, cucumbers and tomatoes. Lightly brush one end of the wrap with water and starting at the other end, roll tightly and seal. Slice in half.
Joseph Cannata says
Hi I love your blog and i read it all the time! please keep posting your wonderful dishes! i just love them!!!