Just one bite of these moist and fluffy, insanely delicious muffins and you will never believe that they don’t have refined sugar, dairy or gluten. Only made with whole nutrient-dense foods and lots of love, this dessert is surely one you won’t have to feel guilty about!
Gluten-Free Carrot Cake Muffins with Cashew "Cream Cheese" Frosting
Serves: 16 muffins
- 1 cup melted coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 2 cups gluten-free flour (I used cup 4 cup)
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups grated carrots
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup walnuts (optional)
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked in water for 2 hours
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a muffin pan and dust with GF flour. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together coconut oil, eggs, syrup, vanilla and rapadura. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until just fully combined.
- Fold in the carrots and coconut.
- Pour batter evenly into muffin cups.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until center is set.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- To make the frosting, drain the cashews and put them in a high powered blender with the remaining ingredients. Blend on high until a thick, creamy frosting-like consistency is achieved. Add a small amount of water if necessary.
- Once the muffins have cooled, remove them from the pan and frost the top.
Leave a Reply