This simple 5 ingredient chia seed pudding is going to “bowl” over your ordinary morning oatmeal or yogurt. This make-ahead recipe not only saves you time, but it is also healthy and delicious. Chia seeds have more anti-inflammatory antioxidants than blueberries and more Omega-3 than Salmon. They are also full of protein and fiber. Truly a perfect breakfast to nourish and sustain you for hours. Surprisingly,always a big hit with the boys, especially when I make the chocolate version with lots of toppings 🙂 Enjoy!
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1½ cups almond milk
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp vanilla, optional
- toppings of choice: sliced bananas, berries, granola, coconut, nuts
- Combine chia seeds, coconut sugar, almond milk, salt, cinnamon and vanilla (if using) in a medium bowl. Stir until well mixed. You can also blend all the ingredients in the blender if you prefer a smoother consistency.
- Cover and place in fridge overnight or at least 3-5 hours (or until it's achieved a pudding-like consistency).
- Serve chilled with desired toppings. Keeps for 2-3 days in fridge.
Leave a Reply