Say hello to your new shoestring potato fries! These yummy, crispy baked sweet potato noodles are delicious on their own or as a side for a meal. They are also great sprinkled on top of salads for some extra crunch. They are nutritious, easy to make, and naturally gluten-free. Enjoy!
- 2½ pounds sweet potatoes or yams
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and peel the sweet potatoes. Slice off both ends and slice them in half through the middle, (this makes it easier to spiralize when they're not so long).
- Spiralize the sweet potatoes and place them in a medium bowl. Add olive oil and salt and toss well.
- Spread noodles out evenly in one layer on prepared baking sheet and put them in the oven.
- Roast them until just tender, about 15-20 minutes, flipping once or twice while cooking. It's okay if some edges get burnt and some remain a little less crispy,
- Serve on their own or use as a topping for salad or soup.