I am currently loving this yummy “waldorf-like” salad. Not only is it pretty, it is also delicious and nutritious. The crunchy celery, tart apples, bitter greens, and sweet raisins all tossed in a creamy tarragon dressing is a match made in heaven. It is an incredibly satisfying salad that makes a perfect lunch or light dinner. Enjoy!
Chicken Salad with Apples, Celery, Feta and a Creamy Tarragon Dressing
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 granny smith apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 heads Belgian endive, leaves separated and cut in quarters
- 1 half head frisee, chopped
- 1 cup micro greens or mache
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup french feta, crumbled
- ½ cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup yogurt or mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- To make dressing, combine all the ingredients plus about 4 tablespoons water in a food processor and run until smooth. pour into bowl or jar and set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large frying pan. Sear the chicken until crisp and golden, about 2 minutes per side. Place pan in hot oven and roast until cooked through, about 8-10 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- To make the salad, combine the endive, frisse, micro greens, celery, apples, raisins, walnuts and feta in a large bowl.
- Cube the chicken and add to salad.
- Pour desired amount of dressing over salad and toss well. Season with salt and pepper, top with micro greens and serve.
Leave a Reply