After experimenting with all different types of gluten-free chocolate chip cookies, these are by far by favorite. My cookie-connoisseur brother even thinks so too. They are sweet and salty and chocolatey delicious. And, the best part is that here is no flour in this recipe (only old-fashioned rolled oats), so they are naturally gluten free and ultra chewy. Enjoy!
- 1½ cups ground oats
- 1½ cups whole oats
- ½ cup butter (1 stick), room temperature
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350° and set racks in upper and lower thirds of oven.
- In a food processor or vitamix, pulse 1½ cups oats until very finely ground. Add salt and baking powder; pulse briefly.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream butter, almond butter, and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat until smooth. Add flour mixture and stir until just combined. Fold in chocolate and remaining oats. Drop dough by tablespoons, 2 inches apart, onto 2 parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake until edges are golden brown, about 15 minutes. Cool on sheets 5 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Leave a Reply