This easy, light, one-dish meal is sure to be your new weeknight staple. The refreshing tropical salsa goes well with most chicken and fish dishes but it is especially delicious paired with thinly pounded grilled chicken breasts. To save time, have your butcher pound the chicken for you. Enjoy!
Chicken Paillards with arugula and Tropical Salsa
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken cutlets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Tropical Salsa:
- ½ red onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, and diced into ½ inch cubes
- ½ papaya, peeled, seeded and diced into ½ inch cubes
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced into ½ inch cubes
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- fresh groud pepper
- Lay the chicken pieces on a piece of parchment paper. Lay another piece of paper over and gently pound with a mallet until pieces are about ½ inch thick. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa by mixing all the ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add chicken pieces and sear each side until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove to platter and top with salsa.
Leave a Reply