Since the citrus is so amazing right now and it has been in the 70’s all weekend, this salad has definitely been on rotation in our house. It is refreshing, simple, and super delicious. Cara Cara oranges are one of my favorites and they go perfectly with the crisp romaine, sweet mango and creamy avocado cilantro dressing. BTW, the dressing also makes a great dip! Enjoy!
- 2 heads romaine, sliced and washed
- 2 cara cara oranges, peeled and chopped into 1½ inch pieces
- 1 mango, peeled and seeded and cut into 1 t1/2 inch pieces
- 6 scallions, white and light green parts, thinly sliced
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds, lightly toasted
- ½ avocado
- juice of 2 limes
- ½ cup cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Place lettuce in a large salad bowl.
- Arrange oranges, mango, scallions, feta and pumpkin seeds on top.
- Place all dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender and run until smooth.
- Pour your desired amount of dressing over salad and toss well.
Leave a Reply