It is hard to believe that these cookies are vegan. They are absolutely delicious and a perfect guilt-free treat. The boys absolutely love them too! If you are vegan, make sure to use dairy-free chocolate chips or even raisins, but if not, then just use regular chips. Also, feel free to add nuts, seeds or dried fruit. enjoy!
Unbelievable Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Author: Liza Cannata, adapted from Oh How she Glows Irresistible Trail Mix Cookies
Serves: 18 cookies
- Dry Ingredients
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats, blended into oat flour
- ½ cup almond meal or almond flour
- ½ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ¼ cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- ¼ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup mini or regular dark chocolate chips (vegan if desired)
- ½ tsp fine grain sea salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Wet Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon ground flax + 2 tablespoons water, mixed together
- ¼ cup "drippy" raw almond butter (or other all-natural nut butter)
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the ground flax and water in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place all the dry ingredients In a large mixing bowl and mix together well.
- Place all the wet ingredients (including flax mixture) in another medium sized bowl and stir together well.
- Add the wet mixture on top of the dry mixture and stir well until combined.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons of the dough onto the prepared pans. Wet hands slightly and roll the dough into balls, flatted a little and space the cookies about 2-inches apart on the prepared pans.
- Bake cookies for 15-17 minutes, until light golden brown on the bottom. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack until completely cool.
- Wrap up and store leftovers on the counter or in the freezer, if desired.
Leave a Reply