- 8 Pieces chicken (about 2½ pounds, skin removed)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1-2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 Tbsp chopped ginger
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cups yogurt
- ½ cucumber, peeled, seeded and minced
- 1½ tablespoons chopped cilantro
- ½ teaspoon ground roasted cumin
- 1 T lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Using a knife, cut a few ½ inch deep slices on top of each chicken piece.
- Put all the remaining ingredients in a high powered blender and mix until smooth. Add a little more yogurt if necessary.
- Coat the chicken in the marinade, cover and chill for at least an hour (preferably 6 hours). Overnight is best.
- Place the chicken on a foil-lined broiler pan. Broil, turning once, until slightly charred and cooked though, about 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, combine all the ingredients for the raita.
- Serve the chicken with Raita and coconut rice.
Leave a Reply