I made this salad twice this week. First for my son’s end of the year class Mediterranean potluck, and second for my bestie’s baby shower. Both times a big hit. Perfect to serve with chicken, lamb or veggie kabobs and hummus. Enjoy!
- 6 little gems or 2 heads of romaine
- 2 large english cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 3 cups cherry tomatos, halved
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- 2 cups chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- pitted, halved kalamata olives (optional)
- 1-2 cups baked pita chips, broken in pieces
- dressing (4 T olive oil, 2 T lemon juice, 1 big garlic clove crushed or minced, 1/2 t ground sumac)
- wash and dry lettuce. cut or tear leaves into bite size pieces.
- add cucumber, tomatoes, scallions, herbs, chickpeas, olives (if using), and feta
- Mix dressing and gently toss with pita chips
- adjust seasoning to taste