This simple, tasty and refreshing salad is a summer must! Perfect for a light lunch or a dinner side.
- 4 medium zucchinis
- 1/2 cup shaved fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 10-12 basil leaves
- dressing : 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1/2 cup olive oil, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt and freshly ground pepper
- Peel and cut the ends off each zucchini and place down on cutting board. Using a vegetable peeler and holding one end of the zucchini shave into large ribbons. I peel from left to right applying a light downward pressure, making sure the ribbons are pretty thin. Place in medium bowl.
- Meanwhile, lightly toast the pine nuts in a cast iron skillet over medium heat, being careful not to burn. Put aside in bowl to cool.
- Shave the the parmesan cheese into curls using the vegetable peeler and add to bowl.
- Stack the basil leaves on top of each other and, using scissors, thinly cut into ribbons over bowl with zucchini.
- To make the dressing, mix the lemon juice, Dijon, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in the olive oil.
- Add pine nuts to zucchini. Pour desired amount of dressing and toss gently. Adjust seasonings and serve room temperature.