This hearty, healthy salad packs a punch of flavor and nutrients! With chickpeas, green onions, corn, cherry tomatoes, fresh herbs, and lemon juice, its sweet, tart, and savory!
Summer Chickpea Salad
- 3 cups chickpeas (or 2 (15-ounce) cans, drained and rinsed)
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 ears corn (grilled or boiled), cut from the cob
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- ½ cup crumbled feta (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 T olive oil
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon Dijon
- Combine the chickpeas, green onions, corn kernals, tomatoes, basil, chives, salt and pepper in a medium mixing bowl.
- Prepare the dressing and gently toss well to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Add feta if desired.
Leave a Reply