Halloween marks the start or our national “sugar season,” beginning on Halloween and ending on Valentine’s Day. Whether it’s Halloween candy, Thanksgiving pie or Christmas cheer, Americans tend to indulge in way too much sugar during these few months. And, it’s not a coincidence that cold and few season is at the exact same time. So, do you and your family a favor and start this Halloween on the right track. This pumpkin mousse is almost better than pumpkin pie. You won’t believe it actually pretty good for you. Smooth, creamy and just enough sweetness to satisfy your sugar cravings. The boys loved to too!
- 1 pumpkin
- 2 cups cashews
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- Carefully cut pumpkin in half and place cut side down on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Place in oven and cook until pumpkin is soft, about 45 minutes. Remove from oven to cool.
- Put cashews in food processor and pulse until a fine grain.
- Add 2-3 cups of the cooked pumpkin, syrup, vanilla, salt and spices.
- Enjoy plain or use as a topping. Store in the refrigerator.
Leave a Reply