Otherwise known as my “paleo mashed potatoes,” this side dish is almost too good to be true. So easy and so yummy, it seems way more complicated than it really is. Seriously, who knew cauliflower, butter, salt and pepper could be so delicious? It goes perfectly with practically any main dish and is especially good with roasted chicken. Enjoy!
- 1 head cauliflower, cored and chopped into florets
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock (water works too)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Place cauliflower florets and stock or water in a pot over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and steam cauliflower for 10-15 minutes, until soft.
- Put steamed cauliflower and a little of the cooking liquid into a high powered blender and blend until smooth, adding more liquid if necessary.
- Transfer to clean pot and add butter, salt and pepper and mix well.