This is by far the easiest, kid-friendly recipe ever. You basically boil water, add pasta and broccoli and cook. That’s it! One pot, very little prep and you’ve got yourself a healthy meal that everyone will love. I like to serve it with chicken tenders for some protein. Enjoy!
Author: Liza Cannata adapted from Ina Garten
Serves: 6 servings
- 1 package pasta of your choice (elbows, penne, shells)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and broccoli florets and stir.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, until al dente.
- Drain pasta and broccoli and return to empty pot.
- Add butter, cheese, salt and pepper and stir well, mashing broccoli florets with a wooden spoon.
- Serve immediately with extra cheese on top.
Leave a Reply