The acupuncturist told me this week that I should cut down to only one coffee a day. As hard as it was to imagine giving up my afterwork out caffeine fix, I found that after a few days, I didn’t miss it that much. It also helped to have this soothing, delicious turmeric latte as a healthy and invigorating replacement. Sometimes called “golden milk,” this drink has incredible health benefits as turmeric is considered one of the most powerful herbs on the planet at fighting and potentially reversing disease. Combined with both cinnamon and ginger, this drink has huge anti-inflammatory and immune boosting properties. Finally a latte you can feel good about drinking. Enjoy!
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1-2 teaspoons turmeric (I like a lot)
- 1½ inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- Place almond milk, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger and coconut sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Using a whisk, mix well and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- Remove from heat, strain mixture into a mug and enjoy.
Leave a Reply