I am back from Mexico for a week and all I want is GREENS. As much as I love chips, fresh guacamole, tacos, and margaritas, I am feeling a little veggie deprived. It’s definitely going to be a big green salad everyday kinda week. This fresh, simple salad is one of my favorites. Tender baby kale, sweet dates, and crunchy almonds tossed with a tangy parmesan vinaigrette is delicious. Exactly what my body is craving! Feel free to omit the cheese if you want to make it dairy free. Enjoy.
- 4 cups baby kale, washed and dried
- ½ cup roasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 6 dates, pitted and chopped
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 small shallot, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put kale in large salad bowl. Sprinkle almonds and dates on top
- Blend all dressing ingredients in a processor or blender. Season dressing with salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing on salad and toss until well coated.
Leave a Reply