Serves: 12 muffins
- 1½ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 banana
- ½ teaspoon coconut yogurt (or regular if not vegan)
- ½ cup applesauce
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare a muffin pan by spraying with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place oats and flax into a food processor and grind into a flour. Add baking powder, baking soda, almond flour, cinnamon, and salt and gently pulse. Pour into a small bowl and set aside.
- Rinse out Vitamix or blender and add banana, applesauce, yogurt, maple syrup, and vanilla and run until smooth. Add sugar and gently pulse. Pour mixture into a medium bowl.
- Slowly incorporate dry ingredients into banana mixture and mix until batter is smooth.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each cavity until it is about ¾ full. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the tops of your muffins are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in pan for ~10 minutes before removing. Store in an air-tight container for up to a week.
Leave a Reply