Yum, yum, yum, you are going to LOVE this sweet little salad. Exploding with flavor and easy on the eyes, it is definitely my new favorite winter salad. Every bite is a heavenly combination: warm, wilted spinach, delicate shaved brussels sprouts, crunchy pistachios, sweet cranberries and mild feta. A complete balance of our five basic tastes. And, an easy way to ensure you get your daily greens! Make extra because it is sure going to get gobbled up fast….my husband had thirds. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 cups spinach
- ½ cup pistachios, toasted
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- ¼ cup white-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ½ cup olive oil
- salt and ground pepper
- Prepare brussels sprouts.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add cut brussels sprouts. Lightly sauté until soft, about 8 minutes. Turn off heat and put brussels sprouts in a medium bowl. Add spinach and toss well. Cover bowl with clean dish cloth to wilt the spinach leaves a little.
- Meanwhile, toast the pistachios in a skillet over medium-low heat until lightly toasted, about 4-5 minutes. Keep a close watch on them as they can burn easily. Remove and let cool.
- Remove dish towel and add cranberries, feta and cooled pistachios to salad.
- Place all ingredients for the dressing in a jar with a tight fitting lid and shake vigorously.
- Toss salad with desired amount of dressing. Serve warm or room temperature.
Leave a Reply