Serves: 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 small zucchini, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 red or green bell pepper
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans, drained
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 1-15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp hot sauce (optional)
- 1-15 ounce can whole kernel corn, drained
- avocado, green onions, cheese, cilantro for garnish
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, until soft and translucent. Add the garlic and cook two more minutes.
- Add the carrots, sweet potatoes, bell pepper, and zucchini, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, and paprika. Stir to coat and cook over medium heat for 5-6 minutes until vegetables are soft.
- Add the beans, chickpeas, tomatoes, tomato sauce, 2 cups water, and hot sauce (if using).
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and cook chili about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the drained corn and cook another ten minutes.
- Serve with avocado, green onions, tortilla chips, cheese, and cilantro.
Leave a Reply