Chicken and Veggie Stir Fry
Chicken and Veggie Stir Fry Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 15 mins Total time: 30 mins Serves: 4 servings
Author: Liza Cannata, slightly adapted from Natashas kitchen
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cubed
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 lb broccoli florets
- 8 oz mushroom, sliced
- 10 asparagus spears, ends snapped off and cut into 2 in pieces on the bias
- 2 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 3 tablespoons oil, for frying
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- ⅓ cup reduced sodium soy sauce or GF tamari
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup flour or GF flour blend
- In a large pan on medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon of oil. Once the oil is hot, add chicken, season with salt and pepper, and sauté until cooked through and browned. Remove cooked chicken from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil and add mushrooms. When the mushrooms start to soften, add the remaining veggies and stir-fry until the broccoli is tender. Remove vegetables from the pan and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan and sauté garlic and ginger until fragrant. Whisk together the remaining sauce ingredients and add to garlic ginger and stir until smooth.
- Return the chicken and vegetables to the saucy pan, stir until heated through.
- Serve with hot rice or noodles.
Leave a Reply