This yummy, colorful greek salad is definitely one of my warm weather staples. Naturally vegetarian and gluten-free, it is a perfect healthy, light dish. It pairs well with practically any dinner main, especially shish kabobs, turkey burgers or grilled chicken. Or, serve it on its own for an easy, healthy lunch. And besides a lot of chopping prep, it is a pretty simple, straightforward dish. Enjoy!
- ½ red onion
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 Armenian cucumbers
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¾ cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1 red pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup roasted pine nuts
- Peel the onion and thinly slice it into half moons. Place in medium bowl and add vinegar. Let onions soak to reduce the pungent and bitter taste.
- Meanwhile, quarter tomatoes add to a large bowl. Peel, seed, and chop cucumber into ½ inch dice and add to bowl. Core pepper and chop into ½ inch dice and add. Add olives, herbs, cheese, olive oil and salt and pepper. Gently toss and adjust seasonings if necessary. Sprinkle with pine nuts before serving.
Leave a Reply