Salad with Pears, Feta and Almonds
Salad with Pears, Feta and Almonds Cook time: 15 mins Total time: 15 mins
- Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2½ Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1½ Tbsp finely diced shallot
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 7 oz Spring Salad or baby arugula
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 Pears, sliced thin (Bartlett or Anjou are great)
- ⅓ cup dried sweetened cranberries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300. Place almonds on a roasting and roast, watching carefully and stirring, until golden brown, about 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Add balsamic, honey, dijon and shallot to a blender and blend mixture until smooth. Add olive oil and run until well emulsified, about 10 seconds. Add salt and pepper and pulse to mix. Store in refrigerator in an airtight container until ready to serve.
- Layer lettuce, sliced pears, feta, cranberries if using and cooled nuts in a large salad bowl. Toss with balsamic vinaigrette and serve.
Leave a Reply