I actually found this recipe in my VITAMIX “Create” Cookbook. Super good for a quick breakfast (kids LOVE them) or great for a pre-work out snack. I tweaked the recipe and here is my version. You can easily use an electric mixer if you don’t have a vitamix. Enjoy!
Monster Breakfast Bars
Serves: 16 bars
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cups creamy peanut or almond butter
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Oat mixture:
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ¾ teaspoons sea salt
- 1½ t cinnamon
- 3½ cup rolled oats
- Extras: (feel free to add/omit ingredients)
- 1 cup dried raisins, cranberries or cherries
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Grease a 12 in x 8 in baking pan and set aside.
- Place all topping ingredients in the Vitamix (if using) or an electric mixer. Mix on low until smooth.
- Meanwhile, in a large-sized mixing bowl stir together oat mixture ingredients. poor topping mixture over oat mixture, mixing well with a wooden spoon. The mixture should be very thick.
- Stir in fruit, chocolate, and/or coconut, mix well. pour into prepared pan and spread even on top
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or lightly browned on the edges.
- Cool completely and cut into desired bar size.
Can’t wait to try these! Need easy bfast now that school is back in session (also have a vitamin that I never use, lol) Wondering how well these freeze?