Much healthier and tastier than your average chicken fingers, this is an easy, fresh weeknight meal that is perfect for the whole family. I use almond meal to keep it gluten-free, but you can certainly use breadcrumbs. Also, feel free to cut the chicken into tenders so it’s more kid-friendly.
Combine almond meal, lemon zest and parmesan in a large, shallow bowl.
Whisk eggs, parsley, garlic salt and pepper in a separate, shallow bowl.
- 4 Chicken cutlets (I cut 2 breasts in half lengthwise)
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup almond meal
- ¼ cup finely grated parmesan
- ½ tsp salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 T finely chopped parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 eggs
- Combine almond meal, lemon zest and parmesan in a large, shallow bowl.
- Whisk eggs, parsley, garlic salt and pepper in a separate, shallow bowl.
- Dip each cutlet into egg mixture to coat completely, then dredge in almond meal mixture, patting it on to help it stick.
- Heat olive oil in non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Cook 2 cutlets at a time until golden brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to platter and serve with sliced lemon slices.