Asian Slaw with Sesame Dressing
Author: Dinner at the Zoo
Serves: 4-6 servings
- For the salad:
- 3 cups green cabbage shredded, preferably Napa
- 1 cup purple cabbage shredded
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced,
- ¼ cup sliced green onions plus more for garnish if desired
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves coarsely chopped, plus more for garnish if desired
- ½ cup sliced almonds toasted
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- For the dressing;
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger finely grated
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the green cabbage, purple cabbage, carrots, bell peppers, green onions, cilantro, and almonds in a large bowl.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl or jar with tight fighting lid; whisk or shake until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture. Toss to coat evenly. Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the slaw.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
Leave a Reply