I am kind of obsessed with this salad lately. I have been making a double batch monday morning and leaving in the fridge un-tossed so I can eat it throughout the week. What we have here is romaine, radicchio, crunchy veggies, cheddar and basil all tossed with a tangy red wine vinaigrette. YUM! My version of an American/Italian chopped salad. Feel free to add some chopped meat, like turkey or salami. Perfect for a main dish salad. Enjoy!
- 2 romaine hearts, chopped
- 1 head radicchio, cored and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped into ½ inch dice
- 3 stalks celery, chopped into a ½ inch dice
- ½ cup chopped basil
- 1 cup ½ inch diced mozzarella, provolone or cheddar
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Place the romaine, radicchio, carrots, celery, basil, cheddar, and chickpeas in a large salad bowl.
- To make dressing, whisk together all the ingredients in a bowl or put in jar with tight fitting lid and shake vigoursly.
- Pour desired amount of dressing over salad and toss well. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Leave a Reply