Sunday night is usually pizza night in our house. Easy and satisfying, it is really the perfect end to a long, exhausting weekend of sports games, birthday parties and long nights. The only problem is that we eat too much and come Monday morning, we are a little slow and groggy. So, tonight I thought I would try a healthy pizza alternative. You get all the flavors and feel of eating pizza, without all the gluten and carbs. Plus, you get extra fiber and nutrients from the cauliflower. After eating it tonight, my husband and I were blown away by how delicious it was. And you get to eat more without the guilt! You can really play around with your toppings. I chose to top one pizza with pizza sauce, mozzarella, sausage and pepperoni and the other with sauce, three cheeses, and basil.
- 1 head cauliflower, stalk removed and cut into florets
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put ½ of cauliflower florets in food processor and pulse until a rice-like texture is achieved. Put in a medium sized bowl and repeat with the other half.
- Put the cauliflower in a steam basket and steam for about 15 minutes. Let cool and transfer to a clean kitchen towel.
- Wrap up cauliflower up and squeeze all excess moisture out.
- Place cauliflower in a bowl and add eggs, cheese, and oregano. Mix well.
- Press the dough out on the baking sheet to form 2 pizza crusts, about ⅓ inch thick.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and add toppings of your choice and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
Leave a Reply