These 8-ingredient Paleo pancakes are light, fluffy, and delicious. Believe it or not, all three boys gobbled them down (with a generous serving of maple syrup of course.) Full of protein and healthy fats, they are an excellent way to begin the day. Plus, they are grain/ gluten-free and vegan. Top with fresh fruit and maple syrup. Enjoy!
Serves: 6 pancakes
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup plus more for serving
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup milk of your choice (almond, coconut or cow's milk)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Melt coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat and let cool for a minute.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, vanilla, and cooled oil until combined. In a separate medium bowl, whisk coconut flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until well blended.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients; stir with a fork until well combined and no lumps remain.
- Oil or butter a griddle or large skillet over medium heat. Drop ladlefuls of batter, a scant ¼ cup each, onto hot griddle. Cook 3 to 4 minutes until small bubbles begin to form on top, then flip. Cook on other the side 1 to 2 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve warm with your favorite pancake toppings.
Leave a Reply