Shrimp Lettuce Wraps with Peanut Sauce
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 head of Boston lettuce or little gems
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ tsp sea salt, or to taste
- ⅛ tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 1Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced chives (I like to snip them with scissors)
- 1 avocado, sliced into strips
- ½ cucumber, sliced into strips
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- Peanut Sauce:
- ¼ cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- water to thin if necessary
- Rinse and pat dry your shrimp. Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper. Add 1 Tbsp olive oil to a large hot non-stick skillet. Once oil is hot, add shrimp and sauté on med/high heat 2 min per side or just until cooked through then transfer to a plate and garnish with chives.
- Separate lettuce leaves, wash and dry well and layer on a large plate. Peel and cut carrot into matchsticks. Cut cucumber in half, remove seeds and cut into thin slices. Slice avocado.
- To make the peanut dressing, combine all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and run until completely smooth. Add 1-2 tablespoons water to thin, if necessary.
- To assemble lettuce wraps, take a couple pieces of lettuce, add several strips of carrot and cucumber, sliced avocado, 2 shrimp and a couple cilantro leaves. Drizzle the top with the peanut dipping sauce.
Leave a Reply