Let me tell you, it is rare to find a meatless entree that all 4 of my boys enjoy. Guys certainly love their meat and aren’t always too excited about meatless Monday. I was shocked when all of them devoured this vegetarian Pinch of Yum recipe. It is healthy and light and bursting with flavor. The mixture of crispy tofu in a peanut, sesame oil, tamari and chili paste sauce is heavenly. I served it with some extra brown rice on the side. Enjoy!
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup sesame oil
- ⅓ cup tamari
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chili paste
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 12 ounces extra firm tofu
- 4 cups zucchini noodles (about 4-5 zucchini spiralized)
- sesame seeds and scallions for topping
- Whisk all the sauce ingredients together well in a bowl.
- Press all the excess moisture out of the tofu. Cut into bite sized pieces. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a nonstick pan or wok. Add the tofu and fry until golden brown. Add about ½ cup sauce and simmer until the sauce is absorbed into the tofu, about 10 minutes. Remove to clean plate.
- Wipe the pan clean and add the zucchini noodles and the rest of the sauce. simmer for 5-10 minutes until the noodles are soft.
- Place the zucchini noodles on a platter, top with the tofu, sesame seeds, and scallions and serve immediately.
Leave a Reply